Here are the meeting minutes from the last NAV developer meeting. Sorry about the delay.
NAV Meeting May 3 2010 -- NAV 3.6 Release =========================================
Present: - Vidar - John Magne - Morten - Kristian - Thomas - Magnus
Discussions regarding NAV 3.6 =============================
Deadline 2010-05-14 moved to 2010-05-21.
Beta release: 2010-05-21
LP has: * 36 blueprints * 13 bugs targeted for 3.6
- ipdevpoll - Beta is just around the corner. - Some plugins aren't ready yet. These will be included during the beta period.
- GetBoksMacs - Good progress, needs more testing before released into the wild.
- Replace Ip info by extending IP Device Info - Feedback from Jørgen needed.
- Device History - Done. The toolbox description still has the "beta"-mark. Should be removed. - Magnus wants to clean up the code, but not critical for 3.6
- API for adding custom event/alert type hierarchy - Done.
- Add names to identify modules - Done. - Modules uses the new "name" attribute for identifying the module. - The old numeric ids are kept and used for sorting.
- CSV export - Done
- ThresholdMon refactor - Done
- Refactor nav.auth to be django aware - Almost done. - LDAP authentication needs testing. - Should switch session cookie identifier for smoother upgrade path for users.
- Remove SQL parsing from report generator - Done
- Remove psycopg1 dependency in favor of pyscopg2 - Done - Might be some issues regarding unicode in legacy code.
- Rewrite pping and servicemon to use nav.deamon - Done
- Rewrite makecricketconf to python / Rename RRD-files when changing target name - Ready for beta. - Upgrade paths regarding rrd files must be tested.
- Check and refactor statTools to support consolidated interface table - Obsolete
- Collect WeatherGoose statistics with cricket - Started - Soon ready, but there are some issues with detecting weathergoose devices thats needs to be sorted out.
- Rewrite status page to django - Done. - Needs code-review and testing
- Prefixes not removed - Should be fixed in ipdevpoll.
- Missing alertmsg.conf for cisco AP trap - Fixed in JM's staging branch. - Fix should be cherry-picked into 3.5.x
- Alert when mac-address connects to the network (wishlist) - Moved to NAV 3.7
- Default location and organisation in install (wishlist) - Installations that only has one organization (or simply doesn't need org.-tracking) wants to have a default dummy organization for easier seeding of the database.