Decided to install NAV from 'scratch' (i.e. not use the OVA-package). Got NAV running fine, but had some hiccups getting Graphite working as it should. Found no documentation on this what-so-ever (neither on the NAV-pages, or the Graphite-pages), so had to try-and-fail some. Thought I'd share.
- Debian Wheezy (not OVA) - NAV via apt (from https://nav.uninett.no/debian) root@tardis:~# dpkg -s nav|grep Vers Version: 4.0.1-3
1) Fixed /etc/nav/graphite.conf; base=http://localhost:8888/
2) Copied content of '/usr/share/graphite-web/apache2-graphite.conf' into own VHost; <VirtualHost localhost:8888> ( + add NameVirtualHost + Listen in /etc/apache2/ports.conf)
3) Set 'CARBON_CACHE_ENABLED=true' in '/etc/default/graphite-carbon' Set 'ENABLE_UDP_LISTENER = True' in '/etc/carbon/carbon.conf' Set 'SECRET_KEY = <longsecretstring>' in '/etc/graphite/local_settings.py' Set 'TIME_ZONE = '<Gallifrey>' in '/etc/graphite/local_settings.py'
4) cd /usr/share/pyshared/graphite python manage.py syncdb
5) Started carbon-cache (/etc/init.d/carbon-cache start)
6) Started NAV + apache
Some of the errors I got along the road; http://files.jocke.no/b/nav-graphite-error.txt.