The first maintenance release of the 5.6 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub .
New packages for Debian 10 (Buster) and 11 (Bullseye) are available in our APT repository  as usual.
Please be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for `*.dpkg-dist` files in `/etc/nav` and make sure to update your running config.
- Ensure event variables are always posted in transactions, so the event engine does not accidentally end up processing incomplete event information (#2594)
- Report broken cache configuration as an error in Ranked Statistics tool, rather than taking down the whole NAV site (#2561, #2563)
- Show error message on invalid ip address in ipdevinfo (#2590, #2589)
- Link to correct room in room report if room has a space in its name (#2593, #2592)
- Work around duplicate internal serial numbers in Juniper equipment by trusting data only from the device with t he lowest entity index (#2583, #2493)
- Make save function in AlertHistory, EventHistory and AlertQueue atomic (#2594)
- Ignore LDAP server referral responses, rather then erroring out during the login process (#2576, #1166)
- Include the new_version variable in alert message templates for device hw/fw/sw upgrades (#2565)
- Update NAV blog widget to use the new blog URL (#2585)
- Handle invalid IP address input in ipdevinfo device searches gracefully, rather then crashing with a 500 error (#2589, #2590)
- Fix broken links to room details from room report for rooms with spaces in their names (#2592, #2593)
Release notes =============
We always advise you to have a look at NAV's accompanying release notes  before upgrading.
Happy NAVing everyone!
 https://github.com/Uninett/nav/releases  https://nav.uninett.no/install-instructions/#debian  https://nav.readthedocs.io/en/latest/release-notes.html#nav-5-6