A beta version of the next NAV feature release, version 3.13.0b1, is now available for download at Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/nav/3.13/3.13.0b1
The 3.13.0b1 release adds the following user-visible features and improvements:
* The eventEngine has been rewritten to Python. This was the last remaining Java component of NAV, meaning Java is no longer needed for installing and running NAV.
* VLANs are now searchable from the Navbar.
* IPv4, IPv6 and MAC host counts for each VLAN is now graphed over time.
* NAV is now able to detect and graph data from sensors on Cisco Nexus devices.
* Maintenance tasks can now be configured to end automatically when all components involved in the task are up.
* IP Devices that are down can be placed on immediate maintenance until up again directly from the status page.
* Subscriptions to MAC address prefixes are now possible in Macwatch. Use with caution!
And contains fixes for these reported issues:
* LP#305435 (Sort by "Start time" or "End time" in machinetracker) * LP#305441 (Button for "Put on maintenance immediately") * LP#317800 (Color gradient to express utilization of IPv6 subnets) * LP#341703 (Manual detention does not pursue client) * LP#361530 (Arnold: Predefined detention does not exponentially increase detentions) * LP#744932 (Arnold should give warning if snmp write is not configured) * LP#833959 (make install overwrites nav.conf and db.conf) * LP#922793 (Possibility to set end time = "until device is up again " in maintenance) * LP#961097 (Don't list cancelled maintenance tasks in active list) * LP#961100 (Show component details in maintenance task list when there is only a single component) * LP#1057509 (Mouseovers with number of active IPv6 addresses in Subnet Matrix) * LP#1057511 (Get sensor information from CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB) * LP#1062130 (NAV should graph IP address usage per prefix) * LP#1069773 (macwatch should be able to look for MAC address prefixes too)
Remember, this is still beta status, and should not necessarily be considered production ready. 3.13 features two major rewrites, one for the eventengine one for the port blocker, Arnold.
If you want to help us test the beta version, you are most welcome. Don't forget to check out the release notes, and please report bugs at https://launchpad.net/nav/+filebug :-)
Binary packages for Debian will be made available as soon as possible. The Debian package is maintained by Morten Werner Forsbring, on commission from UNINETT.
Happy NAVing everyone!