I've written up a proposal on what source file headers should contain at
. Comments, changes, questions welcome from everyone. Approval of the
proposal welcome from Vidar and/or Morten.
Stein Magnus Jodal
NAV status meeting minutes 2008-10-23
* Fixed report list bug (random sort order), reduced bloat in the process.
* Moved report files to fit with new structure proposed by jodal.
* (re)Centered search result table captions.
* Advanced search form close bug fixed (LP#276246).
* Report now invalidates result cache if report.conf is modified.
* Cache timestamp displayed in search results.
* Looking forward to bugsquashing today.
* Testing pping/servicemon, attempting to automatically provoke the
bug described in LP#258321.
- Committed a patch that seems to work, for reasons unknown. Patch
needs more work.
- Will try to provoke the bug while running strace on the processes.
* Fixed reported bugs in alert engine.
* Werner visited last Monday, working on the Debian package.
- He has published a working nav_3.5.0b1 package in his etch-test
repository, but not announced it yet.
- I have installed this on four beta-test volunteers' servers.
- Werner is working on some more packaging details to better comply
with Debian standards, which will increase our chances of
successful upload to Debian unstable archives.
- Discussed ideas for improving verification of database schema
upgrades. One idea is to implement a db table that tracks the
schema version, and is the last to be updated in a schema upgrade
* Fixed concurrency issues in getDeviceData's ArpHandler, and related
issues that were discovered during debugging.
* Resumed work on the hp-switchstack blueprint
- Made some patches for snmptrapd/makecricketconfig/arnold, which
John-Magne should review.
* Suggestion to write a blueprint for removing forgetSQL entirely from
* Suggestion to write a script to pull launchpad bugtracker numbers
from Mercurial changelog, pull bug report titles from launchpad and
compose a bugfix-changelog suitable for inclusion in NAV's CHANGES
* Present, but has not made any NAV-related progress in a while.
Stein Magnus has proposed some changes to the way our source code
headers are made up. Constructive debate at meeting, conclusions will
be posted in Stein Magnus' thread at nav-dev.
I see 22 bugs targeted for b2. Morten told me the b2 date will be
postponed one week, probably till Oct 28.
I hope all these bugs will have fix committed by then. Keep
up the good work, folks :)
We then have max one week to set the final 3.5 release, that is
Nov 04. Morten then has a couple of days for installing the release
on all the verktoykasse before he leaves for the lisa conference.
Remember there is a NAV/verktøykasse gathering Nov 19. Feel free
to attend, at least on the NAV part! Lunch is on me, give me
a hint, https://ow.feide.no/gigacampus:samling:vk_des_2008
Status meeting minutes, 9 October 2008
* Last finish on Alert Profiles, "it works".
* Been testing for bugs.
* Still lots of bugs to fix in the new Device History tool. "Register
error event" not yet implemented.
* Finished implementing caching + summing in time for 3.5.0b1
* Bugs in report system have been reported, will be working on these next.
* Currently refactoring network explorer, completing the search function.
* Been busy with school projects.
* Will prioritize the pping/servicemon stability bug next (LP#258321).
* Mostly working on merging, testing and fixing of the code to release
3.5.0b1. A two day internal seminar delayed the release further,
which in total was delayed one week.
* No feedback on the beta release yet. Still waiting for Werner's
Debian package so we have something to ship to our beta testers.
* Assigned several high-priority bugs to self. Hoping to have time to
fix all of them in time for the 3.5.0 final release.
Launchpad issues: We can paste changelog info into release details,
but where does it show up in the release page? Nowhere, it seems.
Quick look at http://help.launchpad.net seems to suggest that
changelogs and release notes can/should be uploaded as separate files
in the release. Still doesn't explain what the changelog textarea in
the release details form is used for. Should probably send a support
question to the Launchpad team.
Various network weather maps from http://drift.uninett.no/kart/ were
demoed. Olav Kvittem has submitted a project to Sør-Trøndelag
University College, which aims to develop some sort of