Maybe i'm doing wrong. I want to manage different voIP vlans
I've added voIP vlans in NAV Portadmin.conf (separated with comma)
voice_vlans = <My first voIP ID>,<my other voIP vlan ID>
When I activate VOIP to the interfaces directly in JunOS console (1) , It will create two separate configurations on the device:
- Interface configuration with port-mode ACCESS and vlan XXXX (not the VOIP vlan)
- a VOIP configuration with all "voIP" interfaces (command: show ethernet-switching-options voip )
However, NAV see this interface has a trunk port, with a native vlan YYYY and a trunk vlan corresponding to voIP vlan.
When I want to change of vlan trunk configuration in Portadmin page, I have the following error:
"Error editing trunk: Device raised RpcError: error: VOIP can only be configured on access ports error: configuration check-out failed"
because Juniper doesn't allow VoIP setup on trunk ports.
If I remove the voIP configuration on Juniper device, and keep NAV using trunks with a native vlan, the voIP phones are not working.
Question is : How can we manage multiple VoIP vlans for Juniper with NAV ? It is possible to activate voIP on interface, by adding some button in portadmin page (for example) ?
IT Staff / Network manager
Faculty of pharmacy
University of Strasbourg - FRANCE
(1) Depending on JunoS Version the command is
- set ethernet-switching-options voip interface <interface number> vlan <voIP vlan ID>
- set switch-options voip interface <interface number> vlan <voIP vlan ID>