NAV status meeting minutes 2009-04-21
Present: Morten, Magnus, Kristian
Absent: Vidar, John-Magne, Thomas, Jørgen
* Working on ipdevpoll
- Writing code for understanding MIBs, through SMI dumps from smilib.
- Looking at alternatives for persisting collected data to database.
Would like to use Django's ORM, but ORM's are in general ill
suited for asynchronous work.
* Working on implementing blueprint deprecate-psycopg1.
* Looked at how forgetSQL can be removed from SeedDB.
- forgetSQL is only used to read information. All writes are pure
SQL. forgetSQL usage could easily be replaced by Django's ORM.
- Complete rewrite in favor of Django's ORM and forms would probably
simplify the entire subsystem.
* Found that some people who experience frequent servicemon crashes
are hit by a Linux kernel bug, which triggers an unhandled exception
in calls to time.sleep().
* device history fixing
* looked at ipdevpoll blueprints.
* working on authentication-deprecate-forgetsql blueprint.
- getting to know the codebase.
* working mostly on main project (bachelor's degree)
* fixed a couple of bugs (netmap, css)
* just discovered a network explorer bug (session auth error thingy),
jørgen (via email)
* A few report bugfixes from post-it notes.
* Working on smsd-backoff blueprint. First attempt has been scrapped.
I'll add that I know John-Magne was working on snmp trap support for
WeatherGoose, and started research on mibs from UPS vendors APC and
MGE. WeatherGoose support was completed, but needs testing and