My apologies, I keep forgetting to post the meeting minutes to the
list. On request, here are the minutes for last week's status
Since next week is easter week, the next meeting will likely be April
21st, to stay on odd-numbered weeks.
NAV status meeting minutes 2009-03-23
* released NAV 3.5.2 with two security fixes, coordinated with Werner
for simultaneous release of the Debian package.
* fixed a couple of ipdevinfo bugs (rrd-availability & downtime for
* Fixed Netmap UTF-8 bug for Windows users. Kristian comments that
the old convoluted code was an attempted workaround for some older
java plugins. My take is that we should recommend everyone always
use the latest available version.
* using virtualbox on my workstation for deployment tests, old sdrift
* new virtual machine, elixis, for ipdevpoll development.
* "apache idle in transactions"-problem on client installations fixed.
Was related to Apache site config overriding NAV's .htaccess file.
* consolidated interface table looks complete. Schema upgrade
statements written and tested. Should have a short meeting about
this when Vidar gets back fro Lisbon.
* working on smsd backoff mechanism
* wrote a Django base template to have SQL query debug info on all
pages in Django subsystems.
* Hacking on error message logging in IP Device history. Found a
quickselect defect: Cannot explicitly set a default selection,
e.g. when form needs to be redisplayed because of errors in form
* alertengine bugfixing.
Questions about priorities:
Magnus: Priority list: 1=finish ipdevhist, 2=ipdevpoll tasks, if any are assigned, 3=refactor-auth blueprint
Jørgen: Priority list: 1=smsd backoff, 2=ipdevinfo-related bugs and blueprints, 3=report-sql-parse-refactor