As we will be involving more people from UNINETT in NAV development over
the coming year, we have decided to spend some time on consolidating our
In short, "we want to be using the same tools as other developers at
UNINETT are using these days".
This will have the following effects for NAV in the coming days and
* We will switch from using Mercurial as our version control system, to
* We will host our Git repository at GitHub, under the UNINETT
* We will transfer existing bug reports from Launchpad into GitHub
issues, then disable the Launchpad project.
* The mirror repository at BitBucket will be removed.
* The nav-debian package repository will also move from Bitbucket to
The most finicky part of this transition will be the migration of bug
reports from Launchpad. GitHub only provides a rate-limited API to
manipulate issues, which means migration of all reports may take days
once started. Most likely, if you have reported or are otherwise
subscribed to bug reports at Launchpad, you will have to re-subscribe at
GitHub to continue to receive updates as bugs are worked on.