The fourth maintenance release of the 5.0 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub .
New packages for Debian 9/10 (Stretch/Buster) are available in our APT
repository  as usual.
Please also be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for
`*.dpkg-dist` files in /etc/nav and make sure to update your running
The virtual appliance will be updated shortly.
Python 2 reached its end-of-life on **January 1, 2020**. NAV 5.0
therefore moves to Python 3, and as such, you will need at least Python
3.5 to run NAV.
Most of NAV will still run on Python 2 as of the 5.0 release, but from
this point, Python 2 will be deprecated and we will start removing code
that exists solely to keep compatibility with Python 2.
Fixed GitHub issues in this release:
* #2074 ([BUG] ipdevpoll inventory job crashes for many devices with
* #2075 ([BUG] Editing existing API tokens shows no enabled endpoints)
Useradmin API token form)
* #2077 ([BUG] string handling in snmptrapd is broken on Python 3)
* #2081 ([BUG] Bulk importing netboxes without a managment profile
raises an exception)
* #2083 ([BUG] TypeError is raised when creating a csv for download
from a room-search)
* #2085 ([BUG] TypeError is raised when getting navlet)
* #2087 ([BUG] Reports with many pages crash once page 4 is visited)
* #2090 ([BUG] Marking machine as disabled in arnold raises TypeError)
* #2092 ([BUG] ipdevinfo sensor tab produces too large Graphite
* #2093 ([BUG] PortAdmin crashes when viewing a switch with non-ASCII
* #2097 ([BUG] Adding a manual detention without a number of days
until autoenable crashes Arnold)
Please see the release notes  for more details. Happy NAVing