The initial feature release of the 5.1 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub .
A new package for Debian 10 (Buster) is available in our APT repository
 as usual. Packages for Debian 9 (Stretch) have been discontinued.
Please be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for `*.dpkg-dist`
files in /etc/nav and make sure to update your running config.
The virtual appliance will be updated shortly.
User-visible features and improvements:
* #2021 (Add SeedDB action to clone netboxes and rooms)
* #2051 (Link to affected devices in Management profile)
* #2128 (Add device filtering options to ipdevpoll and pping, to
enable support for horizontal scaling and distributed
* #2175 (Implement NAPALM management profiles and connectivity)
* #2185 (Modernize the type dumping script and make it available as an
installable script for end user use)
* #2204 (Add support for configuring Juniper switch ports in
- #2173 (Clean up PortAdmin ManagementHandler interface)
- #2112 (Refactor PortAdmin's SNMP back-end classes and factories)
- #2115 (Refactor portadmin configuration parsing bits)
- #2121 (Use nav.config.NAVConfigParser for PortAdmin configuration)
- #2205 (Adapt Portadmin UI workflow to meet needs of multiple
Fixed GitHub issues in this release:
* #2078 ([BUG] NAV daemons are unnecessarily run as root)
* #2103 (Support Django 2.2)
* #2139 ([BUG] fanState and psuState e-mail alerts say "no message
template is defined")
* #2141 (Work around lack of entity names when collecting sensors from
* #2174 ([BUG] PortAdmin never issues a "write mem" operation when
* #2190 ([BUG] Regression - mysql service check does not work)
* #2197 ([BUG] Bottom part of room images are obscured by image
* #2198 ([BUG] CSV export from Netbox interfaces in Room view produce
wrong filename and content.)
* #2199 (Make servicemon HttpChecker use the port number from the URL,
* #2207 (Netbox reference is not passed to customization template for
the ipdevinfo "What if" tab)
* #2213 ([BUG] NAV does not import room position)
Please see the release notes  for more details. Happy NAVing