The initial feature release of the 5.3 series of NAV is now out!
The source code is available for download at GitHub .
A new package for Debian 10 (Buster) is available in our APT repository
 as usual. Packages for Debian 11 (Bullseye) have not been built yet.
Please be extra aware of config file changes. Look out for `*.dpkg-dist`
files in /etc/nav and make sure to update your running config.
The virtual appliance will be updated as soon as possible.
On January 1st 2022, Uninett, NSD and Unit (all entities owned by the Norwegian
government) were merged into the new governmental agency *Sikt - Norwegian
Agency for Shared Services in Education and Research*. This marks the first release
of NAV under the new name.
User-visible features and improvements:
The main reason for this new feature release is to ensure NAV is
compatible with Python 3.9 (which is the default Python version on the
current Debian stable distro, Bullseye). Features that were already
lurking in the pipeline are:
* #2245 (Link to room details page from SeedDB room edit page)
* #2274 (Hidden attributes for devices)
* #2323 (Completely hide all attributes starting with "__")
* #2309 (Support a report.conf.d/ style config directory for reports)
* #2311 (Wishlist: Info about locations visible via /report/location)
Other fixed GitHub issues in this release:
* #2280 (Only ethernetCsmacd interfaces are shown in the room viewer)
* #2310 ([BUG] snmptrapd plugins crash when posting events in NAV 5.2)
* #2315 (Properly upgrade to Django 2.2)
* #2316 (Upgrade dependencies that will need a newer version to run on
Django 3.2 or later)
* #2317 (Upgrade Django to 3.2)
* #2321 (Also list local conf reports in report widget)
* #2324 ([BUG] Example severity rules distributed with NAV 5.2.1 do
not actually work)
* #2328 (Remove "no access" message from login page during normal
* #2329 (Upgrade to dnspython 2.1)
* #2341 (Warn when database config isn't readable)
* #2352 (Fix Python 3.9 compatibility)
* #2353 (Document the name change from Uninett to Sikt)
* #2355 (Add Sikt to About page, copyrights and graphical profile)
Please see the release notes  for more details. Happy NAVing
Sikt – Norwegian Agency for Shared Services in Education and Research